Newly bought clothes will always have floating color. When washing, it is easy to fade and become old. Colored clothes will fade. Why does this happen when white clothes are dyed?
Analysis of the reasons for the discoloration of clothes from the principle. There are two situations in the discoloration of clothes. One is that the color of the clothes falls off, and the other is that the light color is contaminated by the dark color. The root cause is that the dye and the fiber are not combined firmly enough.
What is color fastness? Color fastness is also called color fastness. It refers to the color of textiles that can maintain the original color and luster under the action of external factors (extrusion, friction, washing, rain, exposure, seawater immersion, saliva immersion, water stains, sweat stains, etc.) during processing and use. ability. Color fastness is usually evaluated and divided into two aspects: discoloration and staining. Discoloration refers to the color change of the fabric itself, and staining refers to the staining color of the test fabric to other fabrics (staining to the lining during the test). Graded by gray card, the higher the grade, the better the color fastness.
Color fastness to rubbing is one of the color fastness tests of textiles, and it is also one of the most common test items for textiles in the trade process. It refers to the color rubbing resistance of textiles, which is divided into dry rubbing and wet rubbing.
Which clothes are prone to fading?
Clothes sometimes fade during washing, and the color fading is regular.
1. Textiles woven from natural fibers are easier to fade than chemical fibers (especially synthetic fibers). That is, cotton, linen, silk, wool textiles are easier to fade than nylon, polyester, acrylic, etc. Among them, silk fabrics and cotton fabrics are more prone to fading.
2. Textiles with strong colors and bright colors are easy to fade.
How to wash clothes to prevent fading and staining? The color fastness of the fabric is related to the fiber type, yarn structure, fabric structure, printing and dyeing method, dye type and external force.
1. Reasonable choice of detergent. Such as: silk clothing use silk detergent.
2. Clothes with dark and light colors should be washed separately to avoid contamination between dark and light colors. The temperature of the water should not be too high.
3. Rinse with clean water immediately after washing, do not soak soap or alkaline detergent for a long time or leave residues in the clothes.
4. Wash, dry, iron, etc. according to the washing label of the clothes.
Finally, no matter what brand or fabric of clothing, the editor reminds everyone to check the washing mark of the clothing before washing. Treat the clothes according to the washing label, the clothes will be more beautiful~
Post time: Aug-03-2022